Rachel loves to write--something I've always hated, so I'm glad she didn't inherit my distaste for it. (Sorry Uncle Travis!) Here is a piece she wrote the first week of school and copied for me for my birthday.
When I was 6 years old, I went with my family to Salt Lake City, Utah where we met up with my grandparents. I had TONS of fun with them. We went to the museum, the Ellison Park, and the Christmas lights downtown! But the best part was definately my grandparents cabin. A small wooden two story place with a beautiful balcony. My favorite part about it was the sleding, hot chocolate, and looking out the windows. The windows were actually two sides of the cabin, but looking out, seeing the snow fall softly to the ground made me feel calm as if nothing in the world was bad.
So when we got there you can probably guess how excited I was. I grabbed my jacket and ran outside in the snow. That night, I went to bed in the upstairs bedroom. I tried to stay awake and count how many snowflakes I could see. But my eyes started to close shut, and I fell asleep.
I woke up early in the morning, because of the sledding trip that day. 6:00 a.m., I went down stairs and saw my grandma peeking through the curtains. I asked her what was happening outside and she opened them all the way. What I saw made my smile touch the tips of my ears. 6 feet of snow piled up with only a little space to the tops of the windows. After the sledding trip, (which was kind of hard with all the snow), we had a fun night of s'mores, hot chocolate, and movies next to the fire. That snow was the most amazing thing I've ever seen, and I won't forget it.

No comments:
Post a Comment