7.31.2007

Floating the Boise River and the Bee's...

We've been having a great time with my parents--and other family members.

My parents drove up to Idaho last Thursday with all the junk we left in their garage on our way to Sun Valley from Texas. We drove around Boise checking out the town. On Saturday we floated the Boise River, which seems to be the most popular summer activity there. It was a blast. You can take individual tubes or rafts. We got 2 six-man rafts for the 10 of us that went. Jared, my dad, Rachel, Seth and I in one and Annie, Travis, my mom and the other boys in the other. There were plenty of water fights and lots of fun!

When we got to the end we had some water in our raft so my dad and Jared tipped the raft to dump the water out--dumping it all into the raft of the people next to us. That was embarrassing. And then Luke tried to jump out of their raft before they were on the beach and started heading down river (it's pretty fast)--but no worries he grabbed onto Travis' shorts to save himself. However he pulled the back of Travis' shorts down and Rachel and I saw a side of Travis we don't want to see again!

After the river float we hurried home to get ready and head to Ann's for dinner and then to the County Fair! Boy was that a treat! The kids had a good time riding some rides.

Sunday after Sacrament my parents and the kids and I loaded up and headed to Salt Lake. We had a slight delay as Seth had his hands in his pockets and tripped which = major face plant on the wood floor. There was a significant ammount of blood. Luke ran upstairs to report the incident to Rachel and told her, "don't worry, we've got it under control!"

On funny Jonah saying--on the drive down Seth said, "I like the red guys and the blue guys." (I have no idea what he was referring to...) Then Luke said, "Seth do you like red guys or black guys better?" To which Jonah replied in his "all knowing voice"--"Luke, black guys are real you know." I got a good chuckle.

It's always fun to be here. Last night we went to a Bee's game. The kids had a great time. Today I think we'll hit the dollar movies and then Wednesday is Rachel's 1st appointment at Primary Children's. I'm hoping I'm impressed. The bar is pretty high after UCLA and Texas Children's.

That all for now. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

2 comments:

Karie said...

Ahhhh, thanks for giving me a chuckle for the day. The tipping the water out of the raft is totally a Jared thing (just like steping on an IV in the hospital) love it!!! You're family is so funny. I'm lovin' the blue/red/black thing.

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying yourself! Thank goodness because it would stink to have barely half of what Tomball was (remember Shauna's comment.) Love ya!

Jane said...

Sounds so fun Becky! We'll have to meet up in SLC next summer. We love those baseball games! Hope the appointment goes well at primary children's hosp.