12.07.2007

Woman of the Year!!

So I just have to brag about our good friend (and kind-0f family member) Michelle who has been nominated for Glamour Magazine's Woman of the year. You can watch her little video at http://www.glamour.com/news/woty/articles/2007/09/michellerodriguez

Michelle and Rolando lived next door to us in California. We miss them and their girls so much--They were the greatest neighbors. Michelle and Ro are both LAPD officers and always had crazy schedules. On occasion they would come over and ask to play with "Baby Rachel". They'd take her to their house for an hour or so--I loved the breaks! I always knew when Ro was home from work because he'd get out of his car and yell, "Baby Rachel!" He loved her and she loved him.

At one point Jared and Michelle commiserated and hooked up her sister Suzanne (who was an Opera singer in Minnesota at the time) with Jared's brother Matt (who was a pediatric oncologist in Michigan)...now they are in Cincinnati with their 4 kids!! So we're all family.

Anyway...I don't know if you can still vote...but I will say that Michelle is one of the most talented and generous people I know. We love you and are proud to know you!

2 comments:

The Spaulding Zoo said...

Congrats and good luck to Michelle! We're rooting for her and will be anxious to see how it turns out.

The Risdons said...

I remember them too! ~That's so great for her!