9.28.2008

A few things I've neglected to mention...

I was just downloading some pictures and realized I'd taken many with the intent to post and then...nothin'.

So I will share with you a few thoughts that have been running through my head.


One of the things I really like about our house here in ID is my nice big bathtub...however...I have yet to actually use it (don't worry I do shower each day.) But I thought that for my friends who don't have multiple boys, you might like to see what 3 of them can do to a tub. GROSS!
I finally came up with a plan on how to help myself be less forgetful...I was inspired by my friend Molly to create my own calendar. So each week I put what we have going on for that week and it is right by the door to the garage, so I can't miss it. So far, so good!








Seth is loving soccer and we are loving how worn out he is on game days! Good thing we haven't moved him out of his toddler bed yet!
I love our neighborhood here in ID. A month ago the new high school (which is literally in our back yard) had their first football game and so had a sky diver bring in the game ball. Way fun to watch!
For those who aren't sure why we are feeding Luke "bacon grease" (I'm still laughing about that Shauna!) I thought I'd show you our goal...Let me introduce you to my friend the keto stick. For Rachel our goal is NEGATIVE...anything above and we kick into "flush those keytones out" mode. For Luke we are looking for the exact opposite. We WANT him in keytosis. The difference is that his body produces insulin, so going into keytosis won't kill him...Rachel it can.
So far the highest we have been able to get him is up to 80--the second to darkest. He fluctuates a bit...but after a few times dipping down to trace and having a total breakdown I have learned that it isn't the end of the world and doesn't totally ruin what we are working for. So belly up to the bar for some sausage and pork rinds!

5 comments:

Paul and Suzy said...

That picture of Seth is sooo funny! I love it!

Shauna said...

Hey, I've heard nothing but good things from Luke about your bacon grease milkshakes! Bon Appetit!

Heather said...

I love that picture of Seth. Listen, first you need to clean that tub (I know how gross the kids get it haha) then you need to run yourself a nice warm bath and soak in it for 15 minutes. I have recently discovered the bath, and must admit I'm loving it. Go treat yourself to a spa day (aka 15 minutes) at home.

Karie said...

When I saw the picture of Seth I said to myself "that's what I love about the Hansen's". Such a fun, cool family with something funny to share!

Spiker said...

If I fell asleep like that, I would not be able to walk for a week. Ah to be young! ~ Linda