1.13.2007

CLOSURE, Jump In! & BAD HABITS

CLOSURE!

After waiting many months Jared and I closed up the chapter in our lives titled Alias. Somehow back whenever, the series finale didn't get recorded on the DVR! How can that kind of mistake be made you ask? It's hard to fathom. I do recall though that there were about 3 shows having their finale that night, so I remember timing 2 for the DVR and I was going to time Alias on the DVD recorder upstairs and forgot. So we got a few Free Rental coupons on a Raisin Bran box and Jared headed down to Hollywood Video and picked it up last night.

All I can say is that as lame as the last 3 seasons were--we have completed the task, and are not any better for it.

JUMP IN!

I'm sure you all watched the Disney Premiere of Jump In. If you missed it I know it's on again twice tonight and probably once or twice a month for the rest of your life. Rachel actually went to a Jump In Party--at our friends the Smith's. Everyone needs to have friends like the Smith's. They are the funnest people we know. They love to party. My favorite party Rachel attended at their house was a Ricky Ullman birthday party where we were greeted at the door with a life sized "Ricky Ullman" that their girls had made. (Ricky Ullman plays "Phil" of "Phil of the Future" on the Disney Channnel) Now this was a birthday party for Ricky. He obviously was not there, but he was well celebrated. It was hysterical.

Anyway, Rachel had a great time last night. I had planned on watching it myself, but Jared stuck with me for about 5 minutes pointed out that it was High School Musical with jump roping and boxing and 90% of the cast was black instead of white this time. So we switched to Alias. I'll watch it later--oh yeah, I taped it!

Jonah and Luke did watch it upstairs and after Luke kept making Jared promise that he'll do double dutch with him today. I'll let you know how that goes!

BAD HABITS:

How do we have so many around here? The one fresh on my mind is that we cannot get Luke out of our bed. He starts out in his own every night and for 2 years as best as I can date it has ended up in our bed by 2:30. He loves to snuggle his mom, but I do not sleep well with him glued to my side. While I have little kids I will never have a house with the master down again. It is too hard with little ones.

Seth (next to me) has the most bad habits! We've all contributed to developing them. He has been climbing out of his crib for about a year, but for some reason when he wakes up in the morning he starts to yell, "RACHEL! RACHEL!" and will not stop until she comes to get him. If Jonah tries to help out and get him he screams. He wants Rachel. Poor girl. This morning it was at 6:30...on a Saturday. This child is a challenge...and I'm not up for it.

Jared has Stake Training this morning. Only until 11, so I shouldn't complain. He's been unavailable a lot this week...church and work. He's working with Asia more now, which means late night conference calls. They are always right when the kids need to go to bed and are nice and loud.

Everyone has Monday off. The weather is looking a little more promising of working with outdoor plans. It may be cold though. Last night I left a window open because I was hot. So we'll see.

Have a good Saturday.

No comments: