2.06.2008

My babies are growing up!




I'm finally realizing that all those people who said, "They grow up so quickly" were right. I will still say though that when you are in the middle of lots of little ones it feels like an eternity!!





Rachel came home on Monday with her Middle School registration materials! Yikes! I can hardly believe it. I am excited for her.





Today Jonah was the first of our kids to get braces...I know you can't really tell from the pictures, but he has a slight cross bite. ;)



Next week he'll get a perminant retainer on the bottom. We were told that treatment should be 6-8 months...and the doctor thought that this may make his teeth straight enough that he won't need braces for cosmetic reasons down the road.


I think he was a little nervous to show his friends at school. It was so cute, though, to hear him say when he got home: "Rachel said she's not going to be able to call me brace face because I look so good in my braces!" What a sweet sister!

5 comments:

Kris said...

Rachel's right, how could you make fun of Jonah for having braces - the kid is cute no matter what you do. ( : Give my love to the fam.

Monica said...

Love the before and after shots! He is so cute. And I just LOVE Rachel's comment...it's so great to see siblings build each other up like that.

Karie said...

Everytime I see braces I think of Shauna's ordeal with Andrew's braces. :o)

I'm sure Daria will be sporting some eventually too.

The Spaulding Zoo said...

Oh my goodness! I can hardly believe Jonah has braces! He's so grown up and handsome! Rachel is such a sweet big sister -- she always knows the perfect thing to say. :)

virginiaoak said...

If Jonah is ever feeling embarrassed about his braces, have him call me. I'll tell him what it's like to talk with a speech impediment and have a space the size of Texas between your two front teeth as a freshman in college!! He'll be grateful to get it done now. I was always jealous of kids with braces when I was young. I used to ask my parents if I could get them, just cause I thought they were cool. The more appliances in your mouth, the better. I was one weird kid. So cute of Rachel. I agree, though, Jonah is so cute regardless.