11.17.2009

Everyone, I have an announcement to make!!

Did that get your attention?? I don't really have any announcements, but do have a funny story...

Jared's brother and his kids were sitting in the back at church one Sunday and at one point Lydia (3) wandered to the front of the overflow and turned around to all those seated in the back and exclaimed, "Everyone, I have an announcement to make! If you'd like to see a puppet show TURN AROUND!!"

I wish I could've been there to see that one!

Life has been busy around here. Unfortunately nothing exciting to post about. Halloween came and went...and Thanksgiving will be here shortly. This year we will have a fabulous feast with my sisters, their husbands and sweet little boys...and Jared's sister Angela, Roy and their 3 little cuties! So fun!

My parents were just here for the weekend helping Karen and Bill move into their new house.

Everyone is doing well. Rachel is excited to be a part of a string quartet that will be playing prelude music at church for the 3 Sunday's leading up to Christmas. Luke has just started a new medication. We're a little worried about this one. It is on the "we don't really like to prescribe this to kids" list, but we are at a loss of what else to do for him. The medication he's been on doesn't really work THAT well, and he has headaches and stomach aches daily...so we've decided to give this a shot. It will take a few weeks to get him up to his full dose and then we will start to remove the other medication from his routine. They did call me to come get him today...which hasn't been totally unusual, but I hope once he's off the Zarontin and only on the Phelbemate he'll be feeling better. Actually the side effects for this new med are increased activity level and insomnia!! Yikes! I'd probably better warn his teacher!

Not much else going on. I'm WAY behind on SYTYCD and haven't been able to watch the CSI trilogy I taped last week, but I'll live. I did find out today that Jared is sweeping me off to the mecca of downtown Boise again for our Anniversary!! It was supposed to be a surprise, but today I mentioned I would be serving at a funeral luncheon on Saturday and he said, "Um, no your not!!" I'm so glad to have good friends who are so willingly taking my place!

So for now...

3 comments:

Kris said...

Enjoy Boise. Any getaway is a perfect getaway.

I've been thinking about Luke a lot lately - hope the new medication works...that Luke is a little love. Give him a big squeeze.

It's nice to get an update on everyone. Sounds like all is well at your house. I think it's about time I get a call to you guys. ( : Maybe one of these next few days we can Skype. I'll call to make arrangements.

Love you! Congrats to Karen and Bill on the big move. ( :

Suzanne said...

We'll have to sneak into your foyer before church to hear Rachel. Sorry to hear that Luke's been struggling and hope the new meds work beautifully with few or no side effects. Enjoy your time away! Karen is a doll and we're the lucky folks to get her in our ward. Go get 'em!

Shauna said...

Oh and did you forget to mention . . you got called to be the new Relief Society President.

Yeah, that alone could've won you the pass until Christmas.

Hope all is well and Luke is doing okay on the new meds.