Rachel was required to submit a poem for a publishing contest in her writing class. I believe it's the same "Young Poets of America" contest that she won in 4th grade. Whether or not she is selected, this is definately a heart felt writing and will go down as my favorite!! How blessed we all have been with wonderful LIFE LONG friends from the south!! We love you!!
"Same Sun"
for Hannah & Sophie
I can't remember having two better friends,
Than two down in Texas...always an ear to lend.
They always gave hugs, when needed or not,
And could make up the best games on the spot.
I miss them so much since I moved here from there,
I miss their laughs and fun...an amazing pair.
There's just one thing I want them to see,
Because this thought is always with me;
Just remember, when you look at the sun,
2,000 miles away, I can see the same one.
5 comments:
That just made me cry!
So sweet, that Rachel is a keeper.
Good job, Rachel! That is lovely.
That is so sweet. I am so impressed by her
Don't ever look directly at the sun.
Post a Comment