
We had Creamy Chicken soup tonight. Everyone even went for seconds...well the 3 big kids and I. Jared went out to Pappasito's with his team and Seth ate the muffin tops. Two year olds are interresting. They have small circle of concern and it is around themselves. We generally have a 2 muffin rule ( 12 muffins ÷ 6 people ) tonight Seth helped himself to the tops of 3 prior to the reminder of the muffin rule...not that he would've listened anyway. Being the good wife that I am I selflessly saved 2 for Jared and only partook of one.
Speaking of tarnishing perfectly good food...as I discovered the muffins it reminded me of a Thanksgiving several years ago at the Twiggs'. A few families had gathered together and we were getting the food on the table when Thane Twiggs found Jonah up to the dining room table licking the untouched--still in the shape of the can--cranberry sauce.
That was a while back...you'd think the child would have learned a few things between then and now, however, a couple of months ago I was having a baby shower at my house. There was a wonderful spread of food...none of which I participated in making. I was sitting and enjoying my plate when I hear someone behind me say to the women she was talking to (with a giggle in her voice) "Look at Jonah."
I immediately turned towards the table to see my 7 year old son licking the pie server that was in a pie that was not fully gone!!! I was mortified. Needless to say, the Hansen's enjoyed the rest of that pie later. Jonah keeps things interresting around here.
Okay, here's the soup recipe:
Cream of Chicken Soup
Lydia Hansen--Jared's Mom ;)
2 cups water
2 chicken breasts (cut into chunks)
1/4 cup minced dried onion
Cook 1/2 hour until chicken is cooked.
ADD and cook 1/2 hour:
2 celery stalks cut
2 cups carrots cut
In a larger pan cook until bubbling:
6 Tbsp. Margerine or butter
6 Tbsp. flour
When bubbling add 4 cups milk and stir until thick and bubbling.
Combine the 2 and add:
2 tsp. salt
pepper
garlic powder
basil
*Note--1 recipe is enough for us for one dinner with a little left over. I made it a month ago (doubled the recipe) and froze 1/2 which we ate tonight. It was DELICIOUS!!
1 comment:
YUM, I'm trying that soup. It's going to be cold tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment