Today's activity was decorating for the birds. My big sister Ann--yes, the ornithologist--gathered the kids to make cranberry & orange garlands and peanut butter/birdseed bagel ornaments. It was quite fun and I have to say it is asthetically pleasing to look out and see the bringht colors on the trees. I could feel many eyes on me while I was hanging a garland, so I'm sure they will be partaken of soon. We were fortunate to have Bill around to help as well. He will be a handy addition to the family. He is 6'7" so he was quickly called in to help with the hanging.
The turkey is cooking. Some are napping...I am blogging. It's a nice day. We have our big dinner tonight and then on Christmas night we'll go up to Layton to the extended Ellison family Christmas dinner. My kids have never been...we always spent Christmas Day at the Hansen's when they lived here (Christmas Eve at my house), so it will be fun to take them to see. I don't know how many more years it will continue. All of my Great Aunts/Uncles are starting to leave us, and I don't know that the next generation will continue...it's getting to be a lot of people. So, I'm happy to have them go once.
When I was little the dinner was progressive to 3 of my Great Aunts homes...appetizer's, dinner and dessert. My favorite was to go to Aunt Tibby and Uncle Roy's house...they had a couple of attics where all the toys were and 2 xylophones! Very fun.
Merry Christmas all!
No comments:
Post a Comment