3.13.2007

Four kids on a plane by yourself...I don't recommend it!

We made it...but it was a somewhat painful trip for all. Ya know you learn a lot of things about people when you travel. Like...most people have less patience for my kids than I do. Particularly the guy behind Jonah.

I have to say...my kids were actually pretty well behaved. Luke is quite loud and that poses a problem, but better loud than bratty right?

So I was so flustered getting everybody and luggage situated that I accidentally checked Seth's car seat. The problem with this is that if he is not belted in with a straight jacket then there are big problems. Mainly that he thinks it's a jungle gym and he wants to climb over seats and such. I let him be free until we started onto the runway and then we went through a bit of a tantrum to get him buckled for takeoff. Once we were in the air I popped out the DVD player and it was relatively smooth...although I did have to feed him M&M's and fruit snacks through an IV the entire flight.

At one point Jonah asks how to recline his chair. I tell him to push the button and lean back. He does this and barely moves the chair--not strong enough. But you'd have thought that he was reclining in a dental chair the way the guy behind him reacted. He started making "humphing" noises and shuffling papers all around. Apparently the $ we paid for Jonah's ticket didn't include reclining privileges. The girl sitting up with Rachel and Luke, however, was very kind. I need to remember to bring extra earplugs for his neighboring passengers in the future.

Jonah made a couple of funny remarks on the trip...like "hey it looks like it snowed while we were gone!" (Meaning since we were there for Christmas). And then as he watched out the window--the ENTIRE TRIP--he said, "Mom! Somethings happened to Utah! All of the neighborhoods have turned into circles!" I explained that those were farms.

Rachel and I got to go to Karen's work shower this afternoon at the Alta Club. Jared's sister who runs the fitness center there came up and joined us. It was great fun. When Karen started opening gifts and opened a bath mat and a toilet seat cover Rachel said, "Everybody loves a good bath mat!" She thinks she's about 25! She is thrilled to be one of Karen's bridesmaids. It will be fun.

Jared joins us Friday just before the reception...he seems to be enjoying China. He'd better bring me something good!

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Jane said...

You go girl! Do you have to ride home alone with 4 as well? It usually seems way worse to you than other people see it--feels like a workout or a car wreck or something to the mom though!

Congrats to your sister! Hope all goes well with the wedding.