A few nights ago Rachel heard me expressing to Jared some feelings of being overworked and underappreciated--at times. ;) (I know all the females reading can sympathize)
So this morning, Rachel set her alarm for 6:00 a.m.--she got up and proceeded to make the upstairs sparkle! She cleaned the bathroom...playroom...her room...and the boy's room. Apparently she tried to wake Jonah at 6:30 and 7:00 to enlist some help, but with no success.
She said nothing of what she had done, but when my weary bones finally made it up there this morning I was greeted with a sign on the wall that said:
To: Mom
From: Rachel
I'm assuming the gift was the cleaning and not the wall.
So as I see this I'm seeing a connection with some questions that have been asked of me in the last 48 hours like: "What is your favorite movie?" and "What is your favorite ice cream?"
My movie choices were "The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band" and "Braveheart" (the edited version of course). Knowing now that this was to be the choice for Family Movie Night I think Family Band is most appropriate.
Not knowing where she was going I was quite specific with the ice cream--Peanut Butter and Chocolate from Baskin Robbins. I made the mistake once of telling her that my favorite candy bar was a Kit Kat. This is only partly true. My favorite candy bar is a Kit Kat from Europe. (They do have them in the British aisle at Fiesta) On every special "Mom" occasion I can count on Rachel getting me an American Kit Kat--and she watches while I painfully eat it. Don't tell her!
Well, after being locked in my room for 20 minutes while "preparations" were being made. I was finally led out to find this:
Rachel explained that they didn't "celebrate" me enough and wanted to do something special for me. I was served cashew chicken from Hunan River Bistro (on the "You are Special Today" plate!) while the others dined on Digorno Pizza. The kids even picked "flowers" (from the weeds in the lawn) to decorate the table.
After dinner we watched Sneakers which the kids loved. It was a great night and nice to be appreciated and celebrated. I also got some "gift certificates" from the kids:
Two--"2 hours of quiet" certificates
Two--"Chores in the Morning" certificates
and
Two--"Babysitting on the spot" certificates
So Sweet!
I hope they don't think they're off the hook for Mother's Day! I'm hoping for a rain check for the LG's I want in our new house--I haven't decided if I want to go with the red or orange...
3 comments:
ooohhh orange. I like. Rachel IS so sweet. Glad to hear you were celebrated. I wish the kids would get cleaning over here!
And it's not even Mother's Day!! I'm so impressed! Good for you!!!!! I think Rachel needs to have a conversation with Daria. We litterally just talked to the kids tonight about being more thankful and helpful. etc. etc.....
Why does Seth look like he's in pain holding up that sign?
Post a Comment