5.30.2007

The confused little mind of a 2-year-old...


I love toddlers...well, most of the time.

It always cracks me up when they try to say things the way THEY hear them.

For quite a while Seth has said that I am beautiful and "Daddy is Hansen"--meaning handsome. He refers to himself as "Hansen" as well.

So last night I asked him if he was excited to see grandma in a few weeks to which he replied, "There are two grandma's!"

I agreed and asked who the 2 grandma's were. He answered, "Grandma Hansen and Grandma Beautiful!"

He's also a bit confused about what brother and sister mean. He understands the gender of each, but to him it is a term of endearment.

When he's feeling lovey he'll say, "Mom, you're my sister." Meaning he loves me. When his friends Jace and Quinn were over the other day he said, "Quinn is my sister and Jace is my brother." He loves them too!

So today Rachel was laying on the couch with me talking and Seth wedged his way in between us and then said to Rachel, "She's not your sister, I'm her brother!" An attempt to put Rachel in her proper place of affection from me.

Jared and Jonah headed off for a day with the scouts on their High Adventure in LA. They will be back Friday. I'm going to take the kids on a day trip either tomorrow or Friday. We'll try to squeeze in some swimming too--if weather permits. It's looking a bit scary out there right now. If so we'll postpone until next week.

Have a good Thursday.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Kiss Seth for me and tell him he's my brother. ( : Love those stories.

Jane said...

You have the best kids stories, Becky. They are so cute.

Karie said...

Ahh, what a relief, the awaited post. I was missing my morning "cup" of Hansen stories. Seth is cute and we will miss him!!!!!!