5.09.2007

Home Sweet Home?


Well, I found a house (or two) in Boise where I think we can rest our weary bones. I have to say it was not a fun process for me.


BUT...I found something that I think will work--assuming the owners accept our offer. We shall see. If not there is another house I really liked as well, just a block away from the 1st and so that is our back up.


It is a great neighborhood with a nice pool and playground only a half block away. The Elementary is new--opening this fall--and is 0.2 miles from the house! The Jr. High--which Rachel will go to 2008--yikes!--is also new and opens this fall. It is about a mile away, I think.


The High School--Rocky Mountain High (I know you're all singing right now) opens fall 2008! It is about 1/2 - 3/4 mile from the house. (As is the church directly across the street from the HS)I don't know if that's a good or bad thing to have unseasoned schools to go to, we shall see.


The other great thing about the house is that it is 4 miles from HP and the back yard opens to about 1 1/2 acres of grass. Just grass. I can vision Jared running football drills with the boys already.


So hopefully it will work out. If not choice #2 is great too...without the 1 1/2 acres of grass...but same distance to the school's and church.


So I will end this post happy to have less stress to carry back to Houston...but on the verge of tears that this means we have to move.

6 comments:

Karie said...

Love it! I have to tell you though when I first saw the picture I had to take a double look at it because it looks almsot identical to the Miller's home out in Utah. I was wondering why you would take a picture of their house! ha, ha. Hey, I love John Denver's music (we just listened to it today). I'm completely jealous of your potentialy new grass and huge yard! Enjoy!

Kris said...

I love it...can't wait to hear! I know shopping for houses is a painful experience - but it's a great house in what sounds like the perfect location. Can't wait to see you all this summer!

Jane said...

House is beautiful, Becky! The location and grassy back yard sound perfect for your family. I hope it all works out for you guys!

Heather said...

The new house does look nice. It looks so green and cool for some reason. It's green in Houston too, but HOT!

Sarah said...

The house is super cute. How nice to be so close to everything...and maybe even a white Christmas. Lucky girl...

virginiaoak said...

Love your new house! I loved it from the satellite view, but the front view is way better. ;) Nice to have that out of the way. Congrats.