5.01.2007

The cat's out of the bag!

We've moved on to another phase in our little family. Rachel lost her last tooth last week. I have to admit I was a bit sad at the thought, but glad there is one less kid I have to scrounge up quarters for in the middle of the night.

Since it was her last tooth we decided to do something special...(somehow the tooth fairy is extra cheap at our house. 50¢ a tooth is all you get around here. I have a hard time paying more for something naturally falling out of your head.)

So Jared got six silver dollars and put them under her pillow. I'm still trying to figure out where he came up with six. Seems like 5 or ten would have been a more logical number--but then I can't tell you why.

Anyhoo...they've been under her pillow for a couple of days, but she discovered them tonight. Jared said she came in and showed him and said, "That's a lot of money"--which probably stemmed from my lecture today about how much everything costs and why it made me cranky when she complained about the activities that SHE asked to participate in! I had to remind her today that it is not fun for me to sit by the swimming pool for 2 1/2 hours with a 2 1/2 year old so my 3 oldest children can have fun...

I digress. So Jared said to her, "You know it's me and mom don't you?" She said, "Yes." So now I'm dying to know when she decided that there really was no magical faiery flying into her room and leaving money in exchange for her old stinky teeth! Rachel and the tooth fairy have had a long correspondence over the years. She almost always writes a note--to which the tooth fairy responds. One time she even left some carrots under her pillow "because they are a healthy snack!"

So now she knows. She is officially big! And what a great big girl she is!

2 comments:

Jane said...

It's sad when they grow up, huh?

Sarah said...

Oh no. Once the teeth all come out...the orthodontist is not far behind. Jordan and Madison are getting their braces next week. But Madison still has two baby teeth to lose...and she is 12! Rachel is very advanced. Tell her I said that.