4.07.2008

Is it just me or...

does anybody else get overwhelmingly tired when the clock strikes 4 p.m.?

I don't know what it is, but even if I get a little power nap during the day I still feel like I want to crawl into bed. I'm certain there is no connection with the fact that my kids get home from school at 4.

I have to say that as much as the thought of summer sometimes make me want to curl up in the fetal position...I am looking forward to no homework...and math facts...and reading logs...and making lunches in the morning...and I am looking forward to pool time...floating the river...park days, and trips to SLC. That is what Luke has requested for his birthday!

I guess I should be enjoying the fact that these are the last 8 weeks that all of my children will be at the same school and therefore leaving at the same time. It is going to be a great effort for me to get up an hour earlier next year to get Rachel off...I may just have to say goodbye the night before...

Off to start dinner.

6 comments:

MollyE said...

That happens to me every day! I try to eat my way out of the tired, but that is never good. I think that is the only reason I ever watch Oprah because she is on at 4.

The Risdons said...

4? I'm shot at noon!

jt said...

I get truck smacked at around 2;30-3PM. I was watching the local morning show today and the lady said if you eat protein at breakfast it helps to get past the afternoon crash without sugar or caffeine.

carrie pearson said...

Don't you know that is why cocktail hour was invented? If you get smashed it is much easier to deal with it all! I just reach for some more Diet Coke...

Jill Z said...

It's a Catch 22 but it will be nice to not worry about bedhead in the morning!

Karie said...

You know I so agree. Actually about 1pm I get tired but I can hold off. But right when the bus comes I just want to take a nap and that's when the kids want my attention!