10.16.2006

Glenview and Evanston

On Friday we took the kids to see where Jared and I had lived in Glenview, the bookstore where I worked (which wasn't that impressive until they were allowed to pick something to buy), and the Chicago Temple--a block away. Jill kept Seth for us so it was a much nicer trip for all.

We headed over to Evanston to see the campus and make a much anticipated trip to the Bookstore. NW gear for all! The kids had a great time picking something out. Rachel REALLY wanted this particlar sweatshirt. I was trying to talk her into another one that was about $15 less. She wasn't going to budge. I left the scene to return to her saying to her dad, "Feel how soft this is inside. Have you ever felt a sweatshirt like this?" Later...and under our breath...Jared and I added "I feel smarter and more obedient when I put this sweatshirt on." She already knows how to work the system.

We rushed back to the Zavaleta's--dropped the kids off and Jared and I took off back to campus for the evening's festivities which included a tour of the new Medill building--it is beautiful--and then a short visit with the dean.


Jared & his IMC classmates


We then headed over to a restaurant for dinner. As we waited for our table the night began to drag. I'm sure that those who either a) drank or b) had a degree in business were enjoying themselves, but I do not fall into either of those categories. Things picked up when we sat down and Jared and I were next to some people I do remember and enjoyed catching up with them.

Jared did a great job in planning the reunion. Everyone was so grateful. He was toasted twice. It was a small but impressive turnout. There were about 6 people who flew in from NYC...and some from Florida, California, Colorado, Ohio, AND at dinner we were surprised by one who had just flown in from Berlin!!

It was a nice evening. I think everyone enjoyed catching up. It was amazing how many people are in business for themselves. Jared and I left to get back to the kids. I think the others stayed around for a while for some more drinks...ah the memories.

No comments: