getting unpacked. I feel like I'm walking through mud. There was supposed to be no pre-school today because of the "fall festival". However, because of yesterday's rain it was cancelled and classes were held. "HOORAY!" Seth did well again going. I got caught up on some errands and volunteered in Luke's class.
He had 4 pretty big seizures while I was there. The first one was when he sat down to do some testing with his teacher. She asked him a question and then I didn't hear an answer. I looked over and he was having one. She waited patiently for him to finish and then repeated the question. They have been very supportive and helpful. He had two others as he was at the computer, and then one while playing GO FISH with the girls in his group. One little girl was asking him for some cards and he wasn't responding so she was getting alittle irritated. I was close by so I went over and got them from his hand and they went on with the game. It makes me sad. I'm hoping to speak with Dr. Fishman tomorrow and see what our plan is. I really like Dr. Fishman. I always feel like he is genuinly concerned with Luke. I think we are lucky to have him as his doctor--and I just picked him at random. Dr. Haymond (Rachel's Endocrinologist) said that we couldn't have Luke in better hands. Dr. Fishman just recently stepped down as cheif of neurology at Texas Children's and Baylor.
The 3 big kids and I went over to the church to practice their parts for the Primary Program on Sunday. They missed the practices the past 2 Sunday's. Rachel is giving a talk she gave in Primary a couple of months ago on prayer. Luke has a scripture to recite, and Jonah is singing the verse on Jonah (SOLO) from the song "Follow the Prophet". He did well, but I'm still concerned he'll freeze when the chapel is full of people. There will be 2 other kids standing with him...they are each singing a verse solo.
Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment